Note: due to overwhelming response, the room we will be using 9:30- 11:00 is technically at capacity. We anticipate that some who have registered will not be able to attend, so please register anyway. There will likely be room. If we cannot accommodate you in the first meeting room we will another space to give you the material and information you need. And of course you can join us for the rest of the day.
Please join the League of Women Voters of Washington and Fix Democracy First in Olympia.
On that day we will be meeting with legislators to advocate for bills that expand opportunities to vote, promote more representative election systems, empower disenfranchised communities, reduce the influence of special interest money and strengthen government ethics. Come meet with your legislators, receive hands-on advocacy training, and connect with like-minded advocates and members across the state. Your participation has a direct impact on the success of these important bills and we can’t do it without you.
We will provide training on these critical democracy issues in Washington and how to effectively advocate with your legislator. We will set up meetings with your legislators as well as to help those who would like to testify in committee. No need to be an expert in these policy issues; we will provide the training you need to speak comfortably with your lawmakers that day. Just bring your passion for our democracy and a readiness to learn how to take action! It is not necessary to attend the entire day. The orientation session at 10:00 AM will be key in preparing to meet with your legislators.
Here is the schedule for the day:
- 8:00 am - Senate State Government Hearing (optional) Senate Hearing Rm 2, Cherberg building,
- 9:30 – 10:-000 - Welcome - Meet & Greet, Senate Hearing Rm 4, Cherberg building
- 10:00 - 11:00 am - Orientation, legislators, bill review, training
- 11:00 am - 1:30 pm - Legislator meetings, optional tour, additional networking and lunch in the cafeteria, Pritchard Building
- 12:00-12:30 - Rally and photo-op at the Sun Dial (weather dependent)
- 1:30 pm - House State Government Hearing (optional), Room E, O'Brien building
- 2:00 - 4:00 pm - Secretary of State Kim Wyman, legislators and other speakers, reports on meeting, next steps, Legislative Building Rm 112
- Possible after hours event – TBA
We will provide help for those who want to testify and assist in setting up meetings with your legislators. If you have questions please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.